1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 large onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
1 (14-ounce) can low-sodium chicken broth
4 cups water
1 pound kale, chopped
2 medium carrots, chopped
2 medium white potatoes, cut into cubes
Nonstick cooking spray
½ pound turkey kielbasa, sliced into thin rounds
1. In a large pot, heat oil over medium-high heat.
2. Sauté onion, garlic, and bell peppers until tender, about 5 minutes.
3. Add tomato sauce, tomato paste, chicken broth, water, kale, carrots, and potatoes. Cook on medium-high heat until potatoes are tender, about 45 minutes.
4. Spray a medium skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Sauté kielbasa until heated through, about 5 minutes.
5. Add turkey kielbasa to stew and cook for 15 minutes more. Serve while hot.